1. Learning Team Assignment: Community Profile Presentation
What is a socially responsible effort? Social responsibility comes from the belief that people, governments, and organizations have a responsibility to the greater welfare of society. What each person determines to be socially responsible, however, is subject to personal ideals and beliefs. Examples of socially responsible efforts include, but are not limited to:
o Recycling and using CFL lightbulbs (individual or organizational)
o Donating time to volunteer organizations
o Monetary donations
o Developing green buildings
· Each Team Member should write a general profile of a different community on an individual basis. The profile should be 500 to 750 words in length. The team may select a community with which they are familiar or use the City of Kelsey Virtual Organization accessible from the student Web site. In the profile, describe the following: (Not more than 1 team member can use the city of Kelsey. It is to be used only as an emergency)
o Type of people who live in the community
o Type of work the residents do
o How and where members of the community interact (festivals, grocery stores, community events, and so forth)
o Address the following questions in the profile:
· How would you describe the responsibilities of the individuals to the community?
· What are the community’s responsibilities to the individuals?
· As a member of this community, what do you think it means to be socially responsible?
· Write a 750 to 1000 word paper addresses the following:
o Compare the differences and similarities between the different communities represented by each team member.
o Evaluate the effects of socially responsible efforts in each community.
o Choose amongst the communities you evaluated and pick the community with the most effective socially responsible efforts. Provide four reasons why you deem it superior and at least two ways the effort could be improved.
· Paper Construction
o Write the group part of the paper
o Then attach each team member’s individual profile at the end of the paper. Each of these should be an appendix and also have the team members name on it.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.